- Maida Flour – 150 gm
- Sugar – 150 gm
- Butter – 100 gm
- Cashew nut – 25 gm
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 2 pinches
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Colour Powder – 2 to 3 pinches (optional)
- Beat eggs separately till it becomes fluffy
- Powder the sugar well and keep it aside
- Fry the cashew nuts cool them and grind to form a fine powder. See to that the cashews don’t turn brown while frying.
- Mix the maida flour, Baking soda, Baking powder , cashew nut powder together and sift 3 to 4 times
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together till sugar is fully dissolved in butter
- Dissolve the colour powder in milk
- Add the beaten eggs , milk and mix well
- Add sifted flour mixture little by little and mix without forming lumps.
- If you are mixing using a spoon see to that you mix in one direction just to avoid lumps.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and pour the batter in it
- Bake it in a oven for 25 minutes at 190 degree centigrade or till cake becomes light brown.
- you can pierce it and see using a knife to check if cake is done.
- Soft and Spongy cashew cake is ready
You can do a simple decoration by just sprinkling coarse cashew nut particles which you have sifted and kept aside.