- Maida – 2 cups
- Egg – 1
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Mix butter and sugar together by beating it till sugar dissolves.
- Add egg, salt, coconut milk and beat well.
- Add this beaten mixture to the maida flour and knead to form a dough.
- This doesn’t need water. The kneaded dough should not stick to the vessel or in your hands.
- Roll it using a rolling pin. The spread dough should not be too thick or too thin. Medium thickness is ok.
- Make slices from the spread (rolled) dough using a knife. You can cut it in square shapes or to the shape of your choice.
- Fry the slices in oil. (see tips on frying)
- Take the fried pieces in a plate and allow it to cool. Don’t keep it open for a very long time. If kept open for long time, crispiness will be lost. Touch the pieces and see, if it is not hot, then store it in a closed container.
- This is a snack which does not allow you to stop munching. Try it and see.
- Variation: Instead of coconut milk you can add 3 tbsp of butter. This will make the snack very rich and crispy. This will be apt for small children and old people to bite easily.