Cauliflower – 1 small size
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 3
Big Onion – 1 medium size finely chopped
Tomato – 1 medium size finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – 2 pinches
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saute pan.
- Add fennel seeds and allow it to turn light brown.
- Add Dry Red Chilli and fry for few seconds.
- Add big onion, curry leaves and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add Tomato and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add all the powders and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add cauliflower florets, water (enough to cook the vegetables – click to see tips on cooking vegetables) and salt.
- Allow it to boil for few minutes.
- Lower the flame, close the sauce pan and let the cauliflower get cooked.
- After it gets cooked fry till the gravy thickens.