- Rice – 3 cups
- Coconut milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Water -4 1/2 cups
- Cinnamon – 3 cm size
- Clove – 1
- Cardamom – 1
- Onion – 3
- Ginger, Garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- Tomato – 3
- Mint – pudina leaves chopped and mixed – 3/4 cup
- Green chilli – 3
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 3 pinches
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for frying
- Heat ghee in a vessel.
- Add cinnamon,clove and cardamom and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves. Fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the paste becomes light brown in colour.
- Add tomato and fry for some time till it is cooked.
- Add chopped mint & coriander leaves, Green chilli, Turmeric Powder and chilli powder. Fry for few minutes.
- Add curd and fry well till no moisture is there in the mixture. The fried masala should be very thick.
- Put the washed rice in the electric cooker pan.
- Add Coconut milk, water, salt and the fried masala to it.
- Switch on the cooker and this recipe will be ready in few minutes.
This will taste very good with raita. Try it once and you will really love it.
- The raw smell of ginger-garlic will go when fried till light brown. If not fried properly the raw smell will spoil the dish.
- See to that after adding chilli powder, it doesn’t become black. Add other ingredients before chilli powder turns black.