Many times you will come across situations where vegetables/meat need to be added to fried masala and cooked.
- In this case add vegetables to the fried masala.
- Add enough water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Then lower the flame and close the vessel.
- Keep checking the vegetables to see if they are cooked.
- You can take a piece and cut it using a spoon. If you are able to smoothly cut it, then cooking is over. You can also taste it and see.
- It is always better to cook vegetables after adding salt to it. Then only the vegetables will be tasty.
- After adding water, taste the mixture to see if salt is enough. If not, add more salt before cooking.
- Similarly meat can also be added to fried masala and cooked. Meat will need more time to get cooked. So add enough water.
- You can feel the meat using hands or cut it using a spoon. If it is very hard, cook for some more time then taste the meat to see if it is cooked.
How to pre-cook vegetables/meat?
- Take a vessel and pour enough water in it.
- Add the vegetables/meat and enough salt.
- Bring the water to boil. Close the vessel with a lid and lower the flame.
- Check the vegetables/meat to see if it is cooked (How? Given above).
- You can also cook meat similarly.
- Do not waste the water in which the veg/meat was cooked. It will have all soluble vitamins and minerals in it. Try to use it in your preparation.