- Mung Dhal – 1 cup
- Dry red Chilli – 4
- Mustard, urad dhal mixture – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 tbsp
- Big Onion – 1 big size finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 big size finely chopped
- Beans – finely chopped ½ cup
- Carrot – finely chopped ½ cup
- Potato – 1 small size
- Turmeric Powder – 2 pinches
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger – ½ inch finely chopped
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook the Mung dhal and keep it aside.
- Pour oil in a vessel and heat it.
- Add dry red chilli, Mustard – urad dhal mixture and fry till mustard splits.
- Add Onion, curry leaves and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add ginger, Tomato, Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder and fry till tomato is cooked.
- Add all the vegetables, salt and water (according to your required consistency).
- Allow the gravy to boil for 2 minutes.
- Lower the flame, close the vessel and let the vegetables get cooked (click to see tips on cooking vegetables).
- Add Mung dhal and allow the gravy to boil for a minute.
A delicious, healthy recipe is ready to eat.