- Fish – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard – Methi seeds mixture – 1/2 tsp
- Big Onion (small size) – 1 chopped
- Curry leaves – 2
- Coriander leaves
Ingredients for gravy:
- Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 3/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion – Tomato paste (Grind 1 medium sized onion and 1 medium sized Tomato to form a fine paste)
- Ground Coconut Paste – 3 tbsp
- Tamarind extract – 1 tbsp
Mix all the above ingredients and add required amount of water to form the gravy.
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Add Mustard – Methi seeds mixture and wait till mustard splits.
- Add onion, curry leaves and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Pour the gravy mixture and allow it to boil for about 5 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Add the fish and keep it in medium flame till the fish is cooked. This takes about 8-9 minutes.