- Maida (Fine Wheat Flour) – 1 cup
- Water – 1 1/4 cups
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Big Onion -1/2 small size (finely chopped lengthwise)
- Green Chilli – 1 medium sized finely chopped
- Curry leaves – little
This measurement will give you four Dosas approximately.
- Mix maida with salt.
- Add water to this mixture to form batter.
- Mix the chopped Onion, Chilli and curry leaves together and add it to the batter.
- Keep this batter aside for 15 minutes. (The water in the batter comes on top separately. This allows the flavor of onion and Chilli to mix with the batter).
- Heat the tawah and apply oil evenly on it.
- Pour the batter in the tawah along the sides and spread it inwards towards the center to form a thin layer. This method of spreading is most suitable for this batter.
- Apply oil on top.
- Turn the Dosa to the other side and allow it to be cooked.
- To get crispy Dosas, spread the batter into a thin layer and cook in medium flame.
- Overheated tawah will not allow you to spread the batter well. Sprinkle water on the tawah to cool it.