This is one of my favorite dishes. I believe you will also find it delicious.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Oil or ghee – 3 1/2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Curry leaves – 1 branch
- Red chilli – 4
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water to cook meat – 2 to 3 cups.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker pan.
- Add Red Chilli and let it’s colour change lightly. We should not allow it to turn black.
- Add Onion, curry leaves and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste and fry till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add chilli powder and fry for few seconds.
- Add mutton, salt and water.
- Close the pan and let 8 – 9 whistles to come (Click to see tips on cooking meat).
- Open the pan and fry till no moisture is left.
This is a very good side dish for rice, chappati and paratha (parotta).