Plain Soft Cake/Sponge cake/Plain cake
- Maida Flour – 150 gm
- Sugar – 150 gm
- Butter – 100 gm
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 2 pinches
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Colour Powder – 2 to 3 pinches
- Beat eggs separately till it becomes fluffy.
- Powder the sugar well and keep it aside.
- Mix the maida flour, Baking soda, Baking powder together and sift 3 to 4 times.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together till sugar is fully dissolved in butter.
- Dissolve the colour powder in milk.
- Add the beaten eggs , milk and mix well.
- Add sifted flour mixture little by little and mix without forming lumps.
- If you are mixing using a spoon see to that you mix in one direction just to avoid lumps.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and pour the batter in it.
- Bake it in a oven for 25 minutes at 190 degree centigrade or till cake becomes light brown.
- you can pierce it and see using a knife to check if cake is done.
- Soft and Spongy cake is ready.