Flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Granulated Sugar – 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butter – little more than 3/4 cup
Milk – 3 tbsp
Eggs – 3
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
1. In a bowl, add eggs, milk and vanilla essence together. Mix till all the ingredients blend well. Mixing can be done using spatula or a electric mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
3. To the dry mixture, add butter and little of the egg mix. Mix well till the liquid mix is fully incorporated into the dry flour mix.
4. Then add the rest of the egg mix in two portions. Beat well so that the cake comes out well aerated. Pour the mix in a cake tin. I used a long cake tin.
5. Preheat the oven for about 7 mins. Place the tin in the oven and bake for about 20 -25 mins. Check to see if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in it. The pound cake is ready.
This cake serves well for the tea time .