- Prawn – 1/2 kg
- Red Chilli – 3
- Big Onion – 1 small size
- Curry leaves – 2 leaves
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 small size or 1/2 of a medium sized tomato
- Turmeric Powder – 2 pinches
- Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add red chilli and fry for few seconds.
- Add onion, curry leaves and fry till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes and the colour of the paste turns light brown in colour.
- Add tomato and fry till it is cooked.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Chilli powder and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the prawn and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water, salt and allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Close the pan, lower the flame and allow the prawn to get cooked.
- Stir it after 3-4 minutes.
- Check if the prawn is cooked by cutting it using a spoon. Prawn will take less time to get cooked.
- If it is cooked, fry till the gravy thickens.
If you don’t want the dish to be spicy reduce the Chilli Powder amount to 1 tsp or 1 1/4 tsp.