This dish is a special and rare dish which is also very tasty.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Coconut – 1/2 coconut
- Garlic – 3 pieces
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 inch very finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 1
- Water as mentioned in the method
- Salt to taste
Preparing Coconut Milk:
- Grate the coconut , extract thick milk from it and keep it aside.
- Take second and 3rd milk also and keep it separately.
- Take rice in a vessel.
- Add garlic, Fenugreek seeds, chopped ginger, curry leaves and salt.
- Measure the second and 3rd coconut milk taken. Add extra water so that totally you pour 13 to 14 cups.
- Allow it to boil for 3-4 minutes then let the rice get cooked in low flame.
- Now add thick coconut milk and allow it to boil for 3-4 minutes.
- By this time the porridge will be thick (i.e. it will be in a dropping consistency) and ready to be served.
If you are using ready to use coconut milk which you got from stores…
- Measure 1 cup of this coconut milk along with water to make 13 to 14 cups and cook the rice in this mixture.
- At last add 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk.
This dish will taste good with thick coconut chutney.