Thinai rice – 3 cups
Idly rice – 1 cup
Uradh dhal – 1 1/4 cup
fenugreek – 2 tbsp
sago – 1/4 cup(optional)
salt as required
1. Soak uradh dhal and sago (optional) in water. Mix Idly rice, thinai rice and fenugreek. Soak this mixture separately. Leave it for 8- 10 hours.
2. Grind dhal mix into fine paste. Approximately it takes 20 mins.
3. Grind rice mixture coarsely. This takes less than 10 mins (because thinai rice is very small).
4. Mix both together well and leave it overnight for fermentation.
5. Mix salt to it and bake idlies.
These idlies are a even more healthy substitute to our normal idlies.