Onion – 2 medium size
Tomato – 4 medium
Uradh dhal – 2 Tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Garlic – 2 cloves
Ginger – 1/2 inch
Asafoetida (Perungayam) powder – 4 to 5 pinches
1. In a kadai heat 1 tbsp of oil. Fry dry chillies, uradh dhal separately till their colour changes. Transfer it to a plate.
2. In the same oil, saute ginger and garlic (till it becomes light brown). Transfer it to the plate.
3. Then, in the oil, add onion, tomatoes and asafoetida. Saute till tomatoes are cooked. Remove from flame and cool all the ingredients.
4. Grind all the ingredients together.
5. You can also add mustard, uradh dhal seasoning to it.
A tasty chutney is ready!