- Vegetable – 1/4 kg
- Mung Dhal – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard – urad dhal mixture – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2
- Dry Red Chilli – 2
- Big Onion (small size) – 1 chopped
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cook the dhal separately.
- Then add the vegetable, salt to it.
- Keep it in medium flame till the vegetable is cooked.
- Keep it aside.
- In a kadai heat oil.
- Add dry chilli and fry for few seconds.
- Add Mustard – urad dhal mixture and wait till the mustard splits with a sound.
- Add onion, curry ,turmeric powder and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Now add this content to the cooked vegetable, dhal mixture.
- Now the kootu is almost ready.
- Allow it to boil for about 1 minute.
- For Lady’s Finger kootu, cut it to 2 inch size and lightly fry it in oil before you add it to the cooked uradh dhal.
- You can also add Bengal gram instead of Mung Dhal.